- Floyd Mayweather is the Lance Armstrong of Boxing.
- Journalists Wrestling Trump for the truth (a new post)
- Michael Cohen and how lawyers protect their clients from the press with faulty logic
- Kellyanne Conway, Anderson Cooper and journalism’s dearth of critical thinking
- Did Mike Cernovich lie to 60 Minutes?
- 19,130 hits
- Follow Media Meditations on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: News Corporation
Recently, Rupert Murdoch held a Christmas party to celebrate his return to the UK political scene. Commentators noted that half of the UK Cabinet was present. For many observers the event marked a triumph for Murdoch. After the bad publicity … Continue reading
Some commentators view Rebekah Brooks’ return as CEO of News UK as a success. She has returned from New York, where she had moved after her acquittal of phone hacking charges. In New York, she worked on digital opportunities as … Continue reading
Despite Michael Wolff’s attempt to portray Murdoch’s empire as healthy and vibrant, he has failed. He papers over the empire’s flaws. Instead, the empire has a structural weakness: Rupert Murdoch. The phone hacking scandal forced him to split his empire. … Continue reading
Even though News Corp has survived the hacking scandals, a deeper cancer has emerged. How it deals with this cancer will determine whether it can succeed without Rupert Murdoch. He forged his empire based on an implicit contract with his … Continue reading
Rebekah Brooks appears to be negotiating a return to News Corp. She survived the phone hacking trial and displayed an unwavering loyalty to Rupert Murdoch and News Corp. We can see why Rupert Murdoch said that she was his number … Continue reading